Sitemeter

Weekly Visual Clues Inspire Short Vignettes

Weekly Visual Clues Inspire Short Vignettes

Scroll down through previous posts to get the full story!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Bickers: Nothing You Can Brush Off



"Ma'am, can we come in?"

"Why?"

"This would go easier if you just let us in."

"Well, you aren't coming in, without a warrant."

"And we brought one, Mrs. Bicker. This allows us to enter through a broken down door or an open one, your choice."

"That doesn't sound like a choice."

"It's whatever you want it to be, Ma'am. We have a warrant to enter this house and remove items that we feel would further our investigation."

"Investigation? What investigation?"

"We'll ask the questions, Mrs. Bicker. Now, please, let us in. Al is going to collect a DNA sample. Please go with him to the bathroom and show him Mr. Bicker's toothbrush. And Al, did you bring a pencil? "

"DNA?"

"Again, we'll be asking the questions, here. Mrs. Bicker, do you recognize this fish key chain?"

"It looks like one my mother gave me. Where did you get that? Should I have a lawyer?"

"Do you think you need a lawyer, Ma'am? You are not under arrest, YET, Mrs. Bicker. A lawyer would be your option. However, things will go a lot more smoothly if you cooperate."

"I'm calling my lawyer."

"Look, Mrs. Bicker. I have a list here. Can you please tell us where to find a pair of black pumps, an old china plate, and something that looks like a screaming head statue? Or should my men just tear this place apart?" His eyes wandered around the room. "AL! Did you find that craft knife yet?"

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely on-line soap opera. Read all the way down to the fish key-chain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK ~ now I am officially hooked on these Bickers folks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! what a turn in the story. smiles. nice magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is weird clever! Almost like it was written backwards. Interested to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny. I have the same items..should I lock my door? or call my lawyer...hmmm...
    Clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still giggling over "something that looks like a screaming head statue"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's great! an all inclusive magpie!

    fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo! Sounds like Willow is getting framed! Very clever magpie!

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments!