Sitemeter

Weekly Visual Clues Inspire Short Vignettes

Weekly Visual Clues Inspire Short Vignettes

Scroll down through previous posts to get the full story!

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Bickers- a Magpie Tale About The Pencils

Scrolling down through the other Magpies will tell the whole tale....




"Man, I hate it when you do that."
"What?"
"When you do things ass backwards for no reason."
"Like?"
"THAT!"
"That, what?"
"Putting the pencils POINT UP where I can't get one out without getting graphite all over my fingers."
"What about when you leave the seat up? Does that count as ass backwards or ass wet-wards? You do THAT all the time."
"What about when YOU leave the cap off the toothpaste? What about when YOU put the toilet paper on the holder upside down? What about not covering food when you put it in the fridge? What about that stupid fish key chain that cost us $350.00?"
"You stretched out my shoes. That is all I have to say about THAT."

13 comments:

  1. now this is a true life story, well written ...great magpie....bkm

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I laughed and laughed...so perfectly perfect...oh hahah I am laughing again! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are STILL at it! A real life couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see splitsville in the future...could be worse..very funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds familiar. Very famiiliar indeed. Couldn't stop laughing. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy...I really liked this one....the same conversations go on right here...
    pencils ...lead up

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha. you story gets more brilliant the further it goes...i never grow tired of coming here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. have you been listening in on conversations in our house..this sounds very familiar! This Magpie is way too funny and should come with a warning to remove all material from the mouth before reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He leaves the seat up AND wears HER shoes? Did I get that right? Lyn says Splitsville coming up but you can't do it. The characters are too good together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! And the clever way you weave those Magpies in and out of your prose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol......that wet-ass bit I can relate to being the only female in the house! Each week I wait with bated breath to see where the story's going - and you always come up trumps for the prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. vivid and excitng tale.
    masterfully done!

    mine is up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I am doing the marriage thing after 5 years of dating and this may make me rethink that!! Just kidding of course but I really enjoyed how you took the pencils and ran with it. I could relate and laugh. great job.

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments!