Sitemeter

Weekly Visual Clues Inspire Short Vignettes

Weekly Visual Clues Inspire Short Vignettes

Scroll down through previous posts to get the full story!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Little Red Riding Bicker



"It smells in here."

"You always say that. Hotels smell. Cheap hotels smell a LOT. It's just another fact of life on the run. Speaking of run, are you really going to wear those shoes ?"

"Yes. I thought you might want to use these keys to break the window. There aren't any fire extinguishers around."

"For once, we are on the same wave length. Did you see that guy in the parking lot giving us the eye last night? Do you think he made us?"

"I think if he did, we would not have had such a pleasant night."

"Speaking of pleasant, you had a moment last night when you quite reminded me of that shrieking head of my mother's. Almost made it impossible to perform, darling.'

"Don't bait me, or I will tell you how you remind me of a pencil. Did you put that hot as a firecracker pepper sauce on your egg and tomato? 'Cause I want what is left, if you didn't. Give me your plate, or just cut it in half. We should start getting ready to clear out of here. Clever of you to order room service. We can slip right out."

"I am ready to go as soon as I brush my teeth. OH, make sure you remember to take the toothbrush - we don't want to leave any DNA around."

13 comments:

  1. Shirley! I marvel at your ability to take these photos and weave them into one (great) story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh an intriguing story, I want to know more. Why are they on the run, was the shrieking head "shrieking" due to tampering with the spirit. So many questions, you'll just have to write more of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it's an intriguing piece, it definitely needs to be developed as a story, great Magpie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. add me to the list of inquiring minds who just need to hear the rest of the story...I suppose we may at the next prompt..you have a wonderful gift for spinning the tales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol...I'm amazed at how fluently you're incorporating these Magpies!

    'shrieking head of my mother's!' I can relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting direction you have taken this Magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are too clever! I love these Bickers! More please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never cease to amaze in your creative weaving of magpies...blessings...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another excellent story. I think you did the best job yet of weaving in all the other prompts this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. smart words.
    your characters are vivid and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh woww.. this was neatly written! Loved the style!
    Thieves and con artists?!?!? Ohhh.. exciting :)
    A clever plot!

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments!