Sitemeter

Weekly Visual Clues Inspire Short Vignettes

Weekly Visual Clues Inspire Short Vignettes

Scroll down through previous posts to get the full story!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Bickers: The Key To My Heart



"You brought it?"

"Of course. I remembered to bring it when we left the smelly hotel room, I had it when we were wandering through the tomatoes, I offered it to you when we were eating our stolen blue plate breakfast and I suggested you stick it in the eye of the waiter, and I believe I was waving it at you in disgust when it caused the ignition switch on the car to malfunction. In fact, I have been trying to get you to take these keys from me for days!"

"Well, here we are. A turn of the key, and it will be all ours. I feel like Jason, about to snatch the golden fleece."

"Wait a minute. Wait. Let's think a minute."

"Cold feet?"

"Sort of. I mean, once we open this up, well, it's out there. No going back. We will be hot as firecrackers. Nothing will extinguish the thirst for our blood."

"That's pretty theatrical. Look at me - look - do I look like I'm scared?"

"No. You look like that freaking head. Hand me the knife and your toothbrush, I have to scrape some paint off this lock to loosen it up."

19 comments:

  1. Ooh - can't wait to find out what they're unlocking. Or do I really want to know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great mystery, a scary one. Has really piqued my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "No. You look like that freaking head...." I wonder what head they're talking about and what is in the box!?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissy, all my magpies have all the prompts from the last ten or so magpies. The Freaking Head was a previous prompt. You can read backwards through my magpies and see how each one is added to the story of the Bickers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'once we open this up, well, it's out there' Are they trying to open something out of the zoo...
    Your writing raises curiosity. Excellent

    ReplyDelete
  6. the tension rises! what's next! Fun magpie!
    Those Bad Bickers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wondering if they are ever going to get caught! Love these ..........

    ReplyDelete
  8. You leave us hanging, every time! Great Magpie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so very clever. Well done on a fantastic Magpie. I thought the take on the previous prompts is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've sparked my curiosity... what could be inside? Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love these -- they make me laugh. Another great magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I fear for the Bickers. I think we may be witnessing what happens when two people have ADD and are on the run without their meds.

    Always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you sure there are two? Are you sure they are people? hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Bickers! (Have I said that before?) I think this running serial is clever and fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments!