Sitemeter

Weekly Visual Clues Inspire Short Vignettes

Weekly Visual Clues Inspire Short Vignettes

Scroll down through previous posts to get the full story!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Bickers: How do you like those 'maters.......



"OUCH! CRAP, that stings!"

"Stop screaming. Someone will see us."

"I keep stepping on these tomatoes and the juice is stinging my burn something awful. You told me you were going to pad it around the firecracker stuff."

"You are such a baby. I told you to wear better shoes. What IS it with you and those black pumps?"

"Ever notice our conversations always get down to you told me and I told you? Keep walking and let's talk about...I don't know... how great these tomatoes would look on that blue plate you almost bought."

"We could stuff one right in the screaming mouth of that silly statue your mother gave us. That would be a sight for sore eyes!"

"Okay, I'll pencil that in....next time we aren't being chased by the police through a tomato patch, we'll find things to do with fruit and props. Of course we would be brushing seeds out of things for weeks. "

"Did you bring the knife? We could stop for lunch... free lunch...."

"Oh, I have an idea about lunch, and it's not going to be tomatoes off the ground. I've got the key to it right here, on this awful key chain."

16 comments:

  1. So good! As each refence appears, the smile gets wider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh........too funny and clever....like Stafford I am smiling more each week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so they keep on trekkin' through thick and thin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a good mastery of conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great - I love the black pumps....bkm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly entertaining, witty, and funny.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever. Running through tomatoes, in black pumps, away from the police! Here's My magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. black pumps in a tomato field gotta love that! nice magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you ever feel tempted to write a 'foreword' starting at magpie 1?
    By the way, I took your comment seriously and added more 'bite'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmmm, Stafford Ray. Maybe I will start adding an old one each time. I like the additional Bite Me in your poem- now it sounds like a plea....

    ReplyDelete
  11. veryy funny--I want to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This series is like a modern day Kramdens. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. stepping on tomatoes,
    wow,
    your feet have a feast of tomatoes.
    no wonder they scream!

    vivid and fun magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As funny as anything I've read in a while...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you keep carrying bits of magpies (Bickers stories) through each new story! Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments!